Saturday 28 April 2012

Date No. 1. Lesson learnt: Confidence is sexy...

It was so dull I can't even remember his name!
He was a brummie, worked as an accountant, 5 ft 7 (too short for me) and I remember seeing his picture on his profile and thinking cute looking guy, but his eyes look a little inanimate...and boy was I right.
My sister used to tell me off for scrolling through the pictures on the website going 'no, nope, erm maybe, no, nah, no, possibly'. She asked me when I had become so superficial. I have never been one to judge people on looks alone, but lets all admit it, it's only natural WE ALL DO IT. It's inevitable. In the superficial world of internet dating looks really do count. Come on, everyone knows that smiling makes people more attractive. No one wants to message a guy with an unnerving stare that looks like it could bore into your soul. Or even better, the guy who takes self shots in the bathroom mirror using their phone, no one wants to see your loo roll dude.

Anyway back to the date...he was short...instant no no with me. Guys you cant touch what you cant reach! He was sweet but shy, which meant I was doing all the talking which is hard enough on a first date because there are only so many typical date questions you can ask i.e. 'what do you do?' 'do you enjoy your work,' 'so what do you do in your spare time,' 'when is it safe for me to make a run for the door?!'
Bless him, he was nervous and everyone knows that confidence is sexy. You can have a wonky eye, or a missing tooth, but if you believe your the best thing since the iphone was invented, then you got it all baby.

We never contacted each other. Some things don't need to be said. We knew we were not right for each other. Bizarre isn't it how two strangers meet, spend the evening conversing with one another often telling each other intimate details of our lives, and then never speak again... I wish him the best of luck. 




No comments:

Post a Comment